Monday, February 11, 2008

sian... another surgery...

Going for another day surgery to remove another kidney stone tomorrow. Feeling sian with the whole thing coz I understand from my doctor that after this, I still have at least two more to go coz there are some kidney stones in other places.

I think I'm also a little more worried about tomorrow's surgery since the last surgery was the one where I probably caught my MRSA infection. And now that I have already caught it, I am (according to the infectious disease doctor) more susceptible to a recurrence. sigh.

I do find it a little frustrating. This whole stone business doesn't seem to go away. The last scan was also kinda demoralizing coz my doctor showed me the stones in my system. I think there are about 8 in all. One kinda big one and the others are smaller. It's like... when will it all clear up? I keep having to deal with these stones and they do affect what I want to do, like travel (coz I can't travel and coz the surgeries SUCK up all my money) and even work.

Although it's something I've kinda accepted a while back, it's still a little demoralizing to see the road ahead in the next few months. Believe me, kidney stone clearing is not the most comfortable of surgeries. I'm not gonna go into details here. Google it if you are really interested.

Oh well, it's almost 12 midnight. Gotta start fasting from food and drinks until the surgery tomorrow morning.

sigh.

No comments: