Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No Country for Old Men

This movie teaches me that critics probably watch movies through some special glasses which allows them to see how wonderful & fantastic it is while I just see some other lame version through my normal spectacles.

No Country For Old Men has got glowing reviews from every major critic. It's like rated at some super high average score of 91/100 at metacritics.com

So, I went to the cinema with fairly high expectations. I found the movie soooooo boring. Yeah, there was some interesting moments. Yeah, the bad guy is somewhat spooky. Yeah, there was a chuckle or two. But I just found the whole movie pointless. I don't understand what it's about. I don't understand the ending. I don't understand the title. I don't understand anything!!

Even Jesse James, which was long and boring, had a more satisfying ending.

I think maybe I am just too shallow. I have no idea how to enjoy such a movie. At the end of the movie, I could only remark that it was some 'existential s#%t' which I can't understand.

If you are shallow like me... who enjoys movies like Transformers and Harry Potter, please avoid this movie like the plague.

If you are some arty farty dude or dudette, go for it. Knock yourself out. Whoopee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just watched no country for old men, it's unassumingly unconventional yet (thankfully) never over-the-top. the Coen bros. deserve their Oscars; well done indeed.