Monday, August 21, 2006

I went to watch Lake House today. Yeah, I know, total chick flick. But for some reason, I really wanted to watch it. I think it was partially the idea that Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reaves was pairing up again. And I thought the story was kinda interesting (though hopelessly flawed, as are all time-paradox stories).

Well, this post is not so much about the movie (which was kinda ho-hum anyway) but about the service at GV Great World.

The movie was scheduled to start at 2.20pm but then at 2.30pm, an announcement was suddenly made, saying that due to techinical difficulties, the movie would start 10mins late... ok lor.. so I waited. And waited. Then at 2.45pm, they said they were still working out the problems (heh, in not-too-good english) and that the movie would start in about 15mins. Haha... people started to leave the cinema. I decided to just wait it out. Nothing much else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

As I waited, I couldn't help but wonder why didn't the cinema staff do something to like, make us a little happier. I thought, a small packer of popcorn or small drink... really wouldn't cost much to the cinema. Yet there was just waiting and waiting. Finally, at about 3.10pm, the movie restarted.

So ok lor, watch lor.... about 10mins into the movie, the manager (at least I think it was the manager) crept up to each of us in the cinema, apologised and gave us a complimentary ticket for a GV movie. I thought... not bad... was a nice end to the 'saga'... heh. At least they tried.

Hmm, wonder if I can get a job at GV? Might be interesting....

No comments: