Thursday, August 03, 2006

Deja Vu

Sigh.

Guess what. My wallet got stolen tonight.

I don't know why. Must be something to do with me and recruitment trips. In all my personal travels, I have never ever got anything stolen or lost. And yet, on last year's India recruitment trip, my passport was stolen and now, in this year's China recruitment trip, my wallet (thankfully not my passport) got stolen.

Basically, I was on my way back from the supermarket to the hotel. Walking along a busy stretch of road, no more than 1.5m in front of my colleagues. My wallet was in my waist pouch which I was holding by the handle in my right hand and kinda swinging it a little as I walked. My colleague suddenly pointed out to me that the zipper was open. When I looked in, I noticed my wallet was missing.

Strangely, I wasn't really upset. I mean, what's the point right? Frankly, I thought I had taken reasonably care of my wallet. Didn't even take it out to flash the money or anything. Of course, I could have held it tightly to my chest, so maybe that's something I'll have to learn.

On a sad note, in my wallet were about 400 RMB (approx 90 singapore dollars), 2 credit cards and my IC. Replacing my IC will cost about $100.

On a brighter side, they thieves didn't take my camera and brand new Sony Ericsson K800i. Heh. Joint cost of the two is many more times than the replacement of my IC and the money lost.

Oh well. Whatever will be will be. No point crying over spilt milk. Just have to be EVEN more careful next time.

No comments: