Saturday, February 04, 2006

WoWed..

Hmm, I dunno if I'm officially hooked, but I did spend the last 4 hours playing WoW... my longest stretch I think.

I'm really quite awed by this online world which Blizzard has created. The environments, quests, characters are all really well done. There is an occasional lag, but 90% of the time, things are pretty smooth-going.

I'm currently at Level 9. Yeah, that;s pathetic I noe. But hey, it's a start.

So far the tasks have been fairly mundane. Kill 5 trolls, kill 10 spiders & collect their web-things, kill 7 boars, deliver this letter, collect this plant.... yeah, not very exciting I noe. My friend is trying real hard to get me to persevere. Apparently, it really starts slow, but the fun starts only at higher levels.

I've not had a chance to team-up with anyone yet. Maybe that's why I'm like dying most of the time. heh.

One thing I hate so far, the money is really slow in coming. Kills give me like 3 to 15 copper coins. Hardly enough to do anything. To upgrade your skills... it's all money money money. Sigh.

One interesting thing? I liked that they actually celebrated some Lunar Festival thing, in conjunction with the Chinese Lunar New Year. Not bad lar, spent about 3 silver coins to get 4950 XP. Enough to at least jump one level.

I've actually created two characters, one on Khaz Modan realm and another on Frostmorne realm. So if any one sees a character with a 'Zeke' in it's name, dun be a stranger and say hi! (And plz dun kill me....)

Weekend's here... might mean more WoWing...

No comments: