Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Had my operation yesterday. Had to remove a kidney stone. It's almost become an annual/biennual event. Hate it. But what to do, guess it's just this thorn in my flesh I have to live with.

Reported at 7.30am at Tan Tock Seng Hospital Day Surgery Centre. Everytime I report, there are always feelings of uncertainty. Of course, it's a low risk operation, but what the heck, there's always a chance you don't wake up. The thought is always quite scary. Having said that, goingunder GA (General Anaesthetic) is really a wonderful experience. Honestly. You don't even know you are going to fall asleep! The anaesthetist simply injects the drug into your body, and in less than 5 seconds, your out cold. When I woke up, it was all over.

Now comes the healing process. Have been having slight pains and fever since the the operation. Only can tackle it using panadol. Doctor gave me a horrible liquid to drink, Potassium Citrate. OMG. It's really awful. I'm not one who's afraid of taking medicine. But there's no escaping the horrible taste of the liquid. It's not a pill that I can just swallow. Everytime I put the spoon into my mouth, I feel like puking. It's really bad. And I think the doctor gave me enough to last a month. OMG OMG OMG.

Well, I'm on MC for a couple of days. Hope the fever clears up soon so I can start WoWing. heh.

No comments: