Friday, December 16, 2005

Blogging from Japan

It's my second day in Japan. Yesterday I arrived at about 1.30pm. By the time I reached the hotel in ikebukuro, it was almost 4pm. I spent the rest of the time checking out the familiar shops in Ikebukuro like Tsutaya, Tokyu Hands, Animate and Toys R Us. Didn't do much else coz I was pretty tired after that.

Today, I made my way to the Studio Ghibli museum in Mitaka. It's a little complicating to get to the museum coz they had this funny system where you had to buy the ticket from the Lawsons convenience stores before you could makeyour way there. Well, luckily I figured it out and I must say that the museum is very interesting, if you are a Hiyao Miyazaki fan. If not, you'll probably find the place too small and not too appealing. Well, I love his animations, so it was a real treat. Unfortunately, no photos are allowed in the museum, so I onli took a few outside it. Will post them after I get back.

Spent the rest of the day roaming Shinjuku and visited a 6-storey toy store called Kiddy Land in Omotedashi (I think I got that wrong.. will check it later). It's always interesting to visit the huge toy places in tokyo.

OK, tomorrow is the Jump Festa. Hope it'll be interesting!

No comments: