Wednesday, June 15, 2005

More than half-way through the holidays. So far, it's been quite good. Spent first week preparing some school stuff and also preparing for the Expo trip. Spent second week in Japan. And now, hlaf way through the third week. Been busy doing some preparations for the Leadership Challenge Workshop next Monday. Have also been catching up on the movies! I watched Mr & Mrs Smith on Monday. Excellent show. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie really have chemistry. It's not surprising that Brad Pitt broke up with Jennifer Aniston after the movie. He and Angelina were hot! The movie is really quite funny and the action was good. Highly entertaining. Definitely a 'must-see'!

On Tuesday, I caught Unleashed. Thankfully, I had read the review before watching the show so I wasn't let-down by the non-action-ness of the movie. You go to a Jet Li film expecting only fighting, fighting and more fighting. I must say that Unleashed was quite different. Although there were sufficient fighting scenes, the show really focusses on Jet Li's relationship with his new 'family'. Jet Li played a real innocent role. I think he did pretty good. Better than whatever Jackie Chan has done in Hollywood anyway. But, Unleashed can be a little slow at times. For those looking for an action flick, give this movie a miss. But if you want to see a more dramatic side to Jet Li, give it a shot.

Today, I caught Batman Begins. The highly anticipated return of the Batman movie franchise. Was it worth the many years of hiatus? Well, the movie is really quite different from the previous movies. It wasn't campy and the tone was quite dark. Basically about people struggling with their fears. Christian Bale was quite credible as Batman and this is the second movie I've seen this week with Morgan Freeman (he seems to be everywhere!). At the end of it all, I think the movie was not bad, but unfortunately, there wasn't a 'wow' factor. I came out of the cinema satisfied but not floored. Quite different from movies like Spiderman & Star Wars III where I came out of the cinema wanting to go back for more.

Yepz, that's it for now. Fantastic Four & War of the Worlds next!

No comments: