Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Had a meeting this morning then I decided to go down to Orchard Rd to do some shopping. Wanted to splurge a little before the start of the new term. As I exited from The Heeren, I noticed the new design they had for the bus stop outside the mall. This has got to be one of the more interesting bus stops. I think before this, they had a very creative Madagascar decor. Well, this time, they had this Flying Saucer with a 'FOR SALE' sign. Basically saying that even the aliens are flying Valuair. Thought it was really creative!



When I turned right to go towards Taka, I noticed another excellent promo for War of the Worlds!



After getting plenty of books and magazines from Kino in Taka, I went towards cineleisure and noticed the four Fantastic Four statues! I've read about it in the papers, but had forgotten about it. It was really quite thrilling to see the four statues which were pretty well done. They were placed at the four corners of the junction. Apparently, they had originally wanted the statues to be able to shoot stuff like lasers, but our ever vigilant traffic police said it would be too distracting to drivers... sigh.



It's really very refreshing to see such promotional activities going around Singapore. I think it adds to the excitement of the place and makes it very vibrant. Hope to see much more of such promos!

No comments: