Sunday, April 23, 2006

extravagance.

I feel guilty. Quite guilty. But this guilt also feels real good. Very good.

Today, I went with my fren to get some upgrades for my computer. This comp is about 1.5 yrs old, and I thot it would be nice to add some new stuff to it. So the changes are:

RAM: 512MB DDR2 to 2GB DDR2
MOUSE: Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse to Razer Laser Gaming Mouse
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI X300, 128MB card to NVIDIA PCX7600GT, 256MB card

I can now play games at HIGHEST graphics settings! Shiok. So shiok.

I tried a little but of WoW just now and the graphics & ram upgrade was... nothing short of wonderful.

Firstly (and most importabtly), very little/no lag in graphics! Now, when I go to places like Ironforge, there is practically no lag! I always thought it might have been the network, but now, it's obvious that my old graphics card was the reason.

Secondly, there is a definite difference in the effects like shading and the sharpness of the graphics. I can actually see the individual patches/blades of grass! So sweet!

As for the mouse, well, I don't really know the real impact. But together with the Rantopad mousepad, it's really quite a joy to use. And the Razer is really very sensitive.

Oh well... all this to have a better WoW experience.... heh...

No comments: