Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sucky Service

I was in quite a normal happy mood today until I met with three incidents of really lousy service in the evening. Kinda put me in a bit of a crappy mood.

First incident: I was at J8 BEST DENKI and decided to ask about the price of LCD TVs. The salesguy was quite nice about it and told me I should consider plasma instead coz I was thinking about 40 inch TV. So we brought me to a few models, demoed them, explained their features, and I was quite pleased. But I wasn't gonna buy yet so I thanked him and told him I will think about it. Then I said I needed an alarm clock. The fella then simply said,"Oh we don't have. Only radio alarm." and walked away. I walked to the radio alarm clocks barely 15 metres away and the fella didn't bother serving me. It was quite a put off. Big ticket item, shows me interest. Buy alarm clock, not interested.

Second incident: I then went to the SONY store at J8 to get the alarm clock. They also had a whole range of their BRAVIA LCD TVs on display. So I purchased the alarm clock and then asked the salesguy what was the difference between the V and S series. The fella looked at me and simply said, "V is better than S". And that was it. I mean... come on lar. It wouldn't kill you to explain seriously to me right? And worse still, this is suppose to be an official Sony store lah. Buay Tahan!

Third incident: The icing on the cake. I then went to Kim San Leng Food centre (the one near the old bishan NTUC) to buy chicken rice home for dinner. I've bought rice from there frequently coz I think it's not bad. Usually buy for family and students as well. And I usually ask for a packet of their black sauce coz I dun like chili and their black sauce is the 'good' kind (the thick, gooey, not too salty kind). So, this time, after they packed my rice, I asked for a packet of black sauce. The shop guy looked at me with this disgusted look and said (in dialect),"one packet only, no black sauce. must buy at least two packets." WAH LAU EH. I mean, this is a packet of sauce lar. I mean, you can't even give some black sauce! Some more give me attitude. I mean, you can even say, 10 cents one packet, and I would have gladly paid for it lar (after all, sushi shops sell the miniscule packet of light soy sauce for 5 cents!). I think this is a real stupid decision by the stall. I've pretty much decided not to eat there anymore.

So there we have it, three incidents of lousy service in one night.

Singapore sure has a long way to go if they want shops to give good service.

No comments: