Sunday, June 20, 2010

My New Camera - The Sony NEX 5

My Canon 1000D DSLR has been laid to rest. I tried sending it in for repairs but was told it would cost almost $390 to get it repaired as the internal parts were corroded. :( Since a brand new 1000D costs less than $800, I decided it really wasn't worth repairing it.

After a few days of consideration, I finally decided to get myself the new Sony NEX-5, a micro four-thirds camera... basically, a compact camera with interchangeable lenses and apparently, it uses the Sony DSLR CCD, so it's literally a DSLR in a compact camera body.

So today, I decided to go around trying out my camera. Started off first at the Sim Lim Square area then ended up walking around Chinatown. I really like the close-ups and the twilight mode is quite nice (See the playground pics below). Also tried the sweep panaroma but didn't manage to get any nice pics worth putting up here.

So what do you think of the pics below?









pinnacle@duxton

twilight mode

playing with the sunset scene mode

No comments: