Sunday, June 20, 2010

Long-Distance Cycling (approx 58km in 4hrs)

Yesterday was the last Saturday which I would be free before the term starts as next Saturday will pretty much be spent preparing for the start of the new term. So, I decided to try cycling all the way to the East Coast and back. Actually, my original intention was to hit East Coast and then turn back, which is approx about 30km. However, as things turned out, I ended up cycling close to 60km in about 4 hours.

Below is a map of the route I took.

When I reached East Coast, I just decided to cycle towards the airport to see if I could actually reach it. If you look at the map, on the right side, there is this long straight stretch. Well, basically, when I reached that stretch, it turned out to be a point of no return.. haha.. I couldn't turn back (coz it was a really long retracing of my route) and so I had to go forward towards Changi Village. So I ended up cycling past Bedok, Tampines then back to Bishan. It was quite an adventure really, cycling on both the Park Connectors as well as the main roads. One discovery I made was that the area between East Coast and Changi Village is pretty rustic and quiet. It's quite a difference from the busy-ness and crowds at the East Coast.

Also realised the new Bedok Jetty is quite nicely done up (yes, it's been a long time since I visited Bedok Jetty...)

picture at Bedok Jetty

At the end, my thighs were aching and I could barely walk. lol.. quite an experience, cycling for more than 4hrs.

It was quite fun so now, I'm making plans to cycle to the other corners of Singapore. Probably gonna try cycling to Sembawang next. :) Must make full use of my bike, no?

No comments: