Monday, February 19, 2007

Gong Xi Gong Xi!

Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone! May your ang pow takings over the next few days give you plenty of money to watch movies and buy stuff!

This is usually the most boring public holiday of the year for me. CNY is the only time when every single darn shop is closed. The only places open are cinemas (which will probably be filled with bored Singaporeans) and fast food places. I didn't know about it but I found out from my brother today that even the roti prata shops try to cash in on the CNY break. Apparently, they refused to sell my brother a prata kosong, saying there were no more, and he had to buy the more expensive egg prata instead! I mean, come on lar, how come there can be dough for egg prata and no dough for prata kosong!? Aren't they the same dough?

I'm kinda glad that my family doesn't really do much visiting. When my grandma was alive, the relatives all came to my house so I didn't need to leave the comforts of home. When she passed away, we kinda just meet up with the other main relatives at an annual lunch. So, I can pretty much vegetate at home (and of course play some WoW!).

TV programmes are sucky as usual. There wasn't much to watch on cable either. I have thus resorted to re-watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I so miss good sci-fi on tv. Currently, there's only Battlestar Galactica (which is pretty good). Other shoes like Heroes are good too, but aren't really sci-fi. Guess I'll have to depend on my DVDs until the new Star Trek and Star Wars TV series hit the small screen.

No comments: