Saturday, December 02, 2006

Home

Yep, I'm back in Singapore. Haven't been blogging since Houston coz I've been really busy shopping! Thanksgiving sales in the US are really quite fantastic. The shops open at midnight for the people to grab the items at really special prices. My friend bought a 1Gb SD card for only US$3 (which works out to be a little less than S$5)!!! I didn't dare to go for any of the sales on 24 Nov but I still managed to get some good offers a couple of days later. After Houston, I made my way to San Francisco and then San Jose where I basically spent the few days I had shopping like there was not tomorrow. So now, I've stocked up on my new Big Dog shirts, got some nice shoes (at size 15!!), bought my 2007 calendars and bought plenty of DVDs. I even bought some branded polo ralph lauren shirts! haha.. my first 'branded' shirts. My only regret? No PS3 or Wii. I tried lor. I even queued outside the Sony Store in San Francisco for over an hour but gave up when I realized they only at 20gb models left. I only wanted the 60gb models. Wii was also totally unavailable everywhere. On my last day in the states, hopes were briefly raised when I saw a short queue outside a Gamestop shop. But after waiting for about 30mins, the store clerk came and told us they weren't getting any new stock. Bummer.

Flight back was uneventful but quite long. It was 10 hours from San Francisco to Amsterdam, then I had a 10 hour stopover before my 11-hour flight from Amsterdam to Singapore. I'm not good at sleeping on the plane, so all in all, I think I slept for about 5 hours out of the 31 hours of travelling. Quite shacked.

I spent today going out and doing stuff to keep myself awake. Went to Sitex at Singapore exp... it was not very good, didn't even have a Sony booth or Canon booth. Then I popped by the game shop in Tampines and City Hall before going to Great World to catch Happy Feet. I didn't have very high expectations for the movie but I found it quite good. The animation was quite well done and I think the story was good too. Add to it the singing and dancing, I think it's one of the better animated movies this year.

It's 10.40pm now and I'm yawning like mad. Better hit the sack. Jet lag sucks.

No comments: