Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Shopping

I did my Christmas shopping today. It was pretty crazy & the weather didn't help much with the continuous rain. Heard it's the highest rainfall Singapore has had in 75 years!

Takashimaya was really crowded. If not for the fact that I needed to do my Christmas shopping, I wouldn't have even dared to venture into Orchard Road. Every year, Christmas shopping is a big headache. Surprisingly, this year wasn't as bad. Armed with a tighter budget coz I'm like out of a job right now, it was a little easier to decide what to get for my family. I'm proud to say that after 6 hours of braving the crowds, payment queues & gift-wrap queues, I have finished my shopping! That's a record!

Lining up to get my gifts wrapped was quite interesting. It's scary when the person in front of you reaches the counter and pours out a whole stack of cheapo toys/gifts to be wrapped. I saw this poor girl struggling with at least 10 of such gifts (a cheapo handphone 'chair' in the shape of a tacky high heel shoe) from the same person who stood there with a really chao-bin (hokkien for smelly-face). Heh, I think the gift wrap might've cost more than those gifts. Actually, it does seem to be an interesting job, something which I won't mind doing actually. It can be pretty challenging to have to wrap all the weird shaped gifts. One person was trying to get her golf club bag wrapped!

No comments: