Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My First Visit to China

It's been quite an interesting 10 days. This is my very first visit to China and it has been quite an eye-opener.

I've never really been interested to visit China so I guess it's a good thing that I am visiting it now because of school work. If not for this opportunity, I would probably not see China for at least a couple more years.

I've got some pictures to post, but might be able to do that later.

Currently, I've been to Beijing and Shanghai and right now, I'm blogging from Ma An Shan. The cities are all very very different. Beijing is really steeped in history (esp coz of the forbidden palace and tiananmen, etc) and Shanghai on the other hand is a really colourful but very very very noisy and busy. As for Ma An Shan, it's a fairly quiet place, about 5 hours away from Shanghai by road. I'm off to Bengpu and Anqing over the next few days before finally returning to Singapore (and enjoying my beloved meal of laksa and chicken rice!).

I'll post some pics and talk about some of the things slowly.

Sorry to my faithful readers for the long delay in my blog updates!

No comments: