Saturday, July 22, 2006

K800i

I traded in my Nokia N80 for the Sony Ericsson k800i today.

The N80 was not a bad phone. I loved the Wi-fi and the web surfing interface was really good. The screen was also very nice. But I didn't like the pictures it took (even though they were also 3 megapixel, I thought the 2 mp taken by my old k750i were better) and the battery life was horrible! The N80 usually dropped to less than half it's battery life by the end of the day!

So, I've kinda been waiting for either the Nokia E70 or the SE k800i. Unfortunately, it seems that Nokia is probably not releasing the E70 so since the price of the k800i is pretty reasonable (esp after I trade in the N80) I decided not to wait.

So far? Wonderful! The initial feel of the whole phone is very positive. Tried installing some wallpaper and ringtones and so far so good. The only slight irritation is that Sony is using their new M2 card. It's really tiny. About 2/3 the size of the miniSD card. But since it's a new card and it's Sony's proprietry media, the card is quite expensive. Nevermind for now, since the phone came with a 512mb card. Should be quite sufficient for now.


Sigh... pretty isn't it?

Ok, I think this phone must last me for a quite a while. I shall try my utter best to not upgrade for at least a year (or two if I can help it....)

No comments: