Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The last few days have been taken up by the Pupil Leaders Camp. Thought it all worked out pretty good. There were a few hiccups here and there, but on the whole, I think it all pulled together. Initial quantitative feedback seems quite promising. Looking forward to reading the qualitative feedback to see how the camp was in the eyes of the campers.

I enjoy organizing such activities. Dunno why. Maybe it's in my blood. Heh. Ever since my school days, I've really found it fun to put together camps, concerts, events... etc. I think it could be due to many different factors. I kinda enjoy the high stress as the event draws near. The late nights of preparations, the constant rush to meet deadlines, the combined effort of the organizing committee... it just doesn't get old. I guess coz each event is different and I get to work with different groups of people. I also enjoy the immense satisfaction when I see an event done well. I think it's both a mix of selfish & non-selfish feeling. Selfish - coz I feel good that I can do such an event and do it well. Great sense of achievement. Non-selfish (can't think of a better word!) coz I know that the people who have experienced the event has taken away something with them.

5 yrs ago, when I was working in Meetings, Incentive and Conventions planning, it was really quite a ride. Hope that in the year to come, I can do more in this aspect instead of having to handle too many different things.

Well, to all campers, really hope you had a good experience. You can check & download the pics from my online album. Right, rest of the next few weeks are gonna be busy too... moving back home.. India trip... phew... exciting!

Oh yah.. a string of good movies are on the way! Harry Potter, King Kong, Chronicles of Narnia... GREAT!

No comments: