Monday, May 09, 2005

Yep, marking for CTs finally over. Firstly, quite proud of myself that I managed to finish it all by Sunday evening. Quite a challenge coz I actually have up to Wednesday to finish so there was a strong temptation to procrastinate until then. But nope! I was strong!

Last Friday, some guys came over and we had another round of karting on the gamecube. You have to give it to Nintendo. Despite the fact that there are so few good games on the gamecube, Nintendo never fails to release games which are great for groups. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Bomberman, etc, etc. Most played tracks in Mario Kart must be Baby Park, DK Island and Daisy Cruiser. Someone tried really hard to regain his kingship of Baby Park, but alas, it was never meant to be. There were glimpses of hope occasionally as he tried to ascend through the ranks but unfortunately, it was just that, hope. Until our next race...

The weekend was pretty much spent holed-up in my room marking. I don't think I'm gonna talk about the marking. Guys concerned... you'll know how it went very very soon.

When I finally finished marking late Sunday afternoon/early Sunday evening, I decided to go down to Ang Mo Kio Central. It's there when I finally got my first bite of Rotiboy. Now, there is a certain blog which extols the wonder that is the Rotiboy, but I have never found the urge to try it. Well, on Sunday, I finally decided to give it a shot. Was it good? I must say the crispy crust was very tasteful. And the soft centres... mmm... very nice.. not too sweet, yet soft and moist. On the whole, I must agree that the Rotiboy is really quite yummy. At least this was a much better recommendation than a certain Nutella cake which really didn't live up to its recommendation. But the thing about the Rotiboy is, I didn't really feel the urge to have another one. I think this is really just a fad. Give it another month or two and I think the interest level will start to drop off.

Which brings me to today. Went for Board outing with the prefects. It didn't start too well coz the food (although pretty good) was not in abundance. Hence, I pretty much just had two plates of bee hoon, one piece of fried fish (which I had sneaked much earlier), remnants of lasagne filling, two shreds of chicken.. yeah.. that's pretty much what I got for $8. After lunch, we went over for bowling. It's been almost 2 years since I last bowled. Used to enjoy bowling quite frequently last time. In the previous school which I taught, bowling/pool/skating, were pretty common. Went almost every week with the students and it was reallyquite fun. In this school, such things really are rare. I guess it's just different kinds of students/different kinds of school life. Anywaez, I bowled 4 games today and I tell you, my right hand is probably premanently damaged from the ball throwing. I had stopped after the 3rd game, but due to my weak spirit, I gave in to a 4th game... boy, was it a mistake! Each roll was like TORTURE! I never felt happier to finish a game!! But on the whole, it was really fun to bowl again. Maybe can get some others to go bowling too, then next time no need to suffer so much!

Well, tomorrow, Post CT starts. Got plenty of stuff to look into. It's gonna be an exciting two weeks!

No comments: