Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm expecting my thighs to hurt like mad tomorrow... Went on my first bike ride on my new bike. Learnt a few things:

1. It's really tough riding on the road.
- I keep wondering when some car is gonna creep up behind me and drive over me...

2. Don't ride after it rains
- The wet grounds are gonna splash muddy stains all over the nice white bike and my nice white shirt as well!

3. Get a bell
- Especially when you are gonna ride on trails which are shared by joggers/dating couples. It's really irritating riding up behind a lovey-dovey couple who is oblivious to everything around them.

4. It's really wise to buy from good staff from a good shop which is near where you stay
- There was a little irritating click every time my right medal went one complete round. Probably nothing serious.. just annoying. Since the shop was nearby, I dropped by and asked them to take a look.. Not only did they replace the pedal at no charge, they also took some time to wipe down my bike although I never asked them to do it... Now, that's really great service, and it's nice to see them so passionate about what they do.

5. Choose the time to cycle carefully
- Today was the first time I went cycling and I chose to do it at about 6.30pm... not the best time coz I realized the traffic was really heavy due to the evening peak hour. It made cycling a little annoying as the roads were really crowded, both with cars and people (on the paths).

I think there's much I need to learn about cycling. If today is anything to go by, I think I'm definitely gonna enjoy my new bike!

No comments: