Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Term 1 was like a one way roller coaster ride. The first 4 to 5 weeks was like a slow climb up to the peak of the roller coaster. As week 6 rolled in, I could feel the coaster going past the tipping point and gather momentum as gravity pulled it all the way down. There were moments when I felt as if I was going to crash into the ground but thankfully, the coaster pulled back and the ride continued.

There were days when I was pretty going on from 7am to 2am before taking a short nap and continuing from 7am again. Lol... But the good thing is, it was work that I was enjoying. And I guess I was pretty much drawing energy from this enjoyment to keep myself going. As week 10 ended, I was hoping to get a chance to recharge during the March holz but ended up spending 4 full days at the MBTI certification course. It was a gruelling course, with 5 tests in 4 days but it was a very insightful course and while I was pretty drained at the end, I was really enriched. Not only am I now certified to conduct the MBTI instrument, I was also able to gain a deeper understanding of my own personality.

No rest after the MBTI course. I enjoyed a short respite going out for lunch with a former student but after that, it was full steam ahead for the check-in for the next batch of students for the boarding programme. The whole of Sunday was spent checking-in the boys into boarding.

Term 1 has started and the good news is that the school has managed to give me a break by taking away some of my lessons. This week is a little slower and I'm definitely hoping to take the opportunity to gather myself and look ahead to the next 10 weeks. It's definitely going to be challenging but I'm hoping it will be no less enjoyable as last term.

One resolution though... I must make time to catch more movies! I've been so starved of movies... from watching 1 or 2 a week, I was watching like 1 a month... I shall strive for some movie time at least once a week!

Onwards to term 2.

No comments: