Monday, October 05, 2009

Star Struck

Ever since I was introduced to Xing Guang Da Dao by a friend, I've been pretty hooked to the show. In addition to unearthing some pretty good singers, I've also been introduced to many Taiwanese singers. Last weekend, I was at Bugis when I discovered that Xu Jia Ying, the winner from Season 3 was there for an autograph session. I almost flipped! She's one of my favourite winners of the show and her CD is probably the one I'm listening to most this year. My heart melted when she sang her hit song: 失落沙洲.
When I got home, I found out that she, together with another of my favourites, Lu Guang Zong would be performing at IMM on Sunday as a publicity event for this year's Singapore Hit Awards... I know this sounds embarrassing but I actually made time to go down to IMM, resorting to even carrying my laptop so I could do some work on the train since it was a long journey there.

Well, I'm glad to say there are absolutely no regrets for making the time to go all the way down to Jurong East. Lu Guang Zong was really good. He was really charismatic and really does his 'every-man' act very well. Makes you feel that he is just one of the normal people singing his songs. Xu Jia Ying was jsut as good and she sang a couple of other songs which she hadn't sung the night before. Another person who performed was Singapore's very own Tanya Chua. I've never been a fan but after hearing her, I must say I am somewhat impressed by her songs as well.

I was a wonderful evening chasing the stars. :)

Lu Guang Zong belting out his 'rock' hits.

Xu Jia Ying melting my heart... again!

Tanya Chua sharing a really heartfelt song.

No comments: