Monday, October 19, 2009

My Current Favourite Restaurant - Cedele


I've recently fallen in love with the breads at Cedele. I first ate there a couple of months ago and basically found the food interesting but a little expensive. What got me hooked was the bread. It tasted really good and it is supposedly very healthy. I was able to find bread like the 100% wholemeal loaf made with 100% wholewheat and is sugarless and eggless! I just buy a loaf, freeze it and slowly enjoy it for the next c
ouple of days. The breads are a little expensive. The wholemeal loaf costs about $5.30, almost twice what a Gardenia/Sunshine multi-grain loaf costs. So, Cedele breads are more a treat then a regular bread for me.

I enjoy eating at their restaurants but the meals can be pretty expensive. A full salad with side soup can cost almost $30. But last Saturday, I discovered that I could eat at their cafe-like restaurants where a small soup and sandwich/salad costs jsut under $10!! And for $1 more, I could get to enjoy the different breads! I think I have discovered my new favourite lunch!

If you are a bread lover, you need to give Ce
dele a try. You can find their stores here.

As much as I love their breads.. need to watch it so I don't take in too much carbo! Still want to hit my personal targets. :)


I don't think this is their 100% wholemeal boule, but I can't find the exact pic on their site so I'm posting this pic which I think it pretty close to what I like.


I just discovered the yumminess of their nine-grain loaf. It's made of 50% wholegrain and is also egg and sugar free.
And here's the one that's the diet-breaker... despite all the yummy healthy food... there's the deliciously sinful selection of cakes. Yeah.. I'm sure they are made with the healthiest of ingredients but I don't think there's any way I can justify stuffing myself with this slice of heaven... this one's my favourite, the Chocolate Banana Expresso Cake. And yes, it's as delicious as it looks. :P


No comments: