Wednesday, October 08, 2008

To hospital to hospital.. again!

After last year's MRSA attack, I've been reasonably well. However, there were still some stones (rather large ones, according to my doctor) in my kidney which I had to get removed. So guess where I am again? Yep.. in hospital.

I underwent the operation yesterday. Apparently, they cut a small slit on my back and went straight to the kidney to break up the stone and remove the debris. Yeah, all this happened yesterday and to be frank, I feel quite well today other than for a tube connected to my kidney to drain the blood as it heals. According to my doctor, I was to be able to return home tomorrow to rest at home. However, they did a scan today and discovered that there was still a reasonably large piece of stone in the kidney... so apparently they are gonna operate on me AGAIN on Friday! Arrgghhh...

But I thnk more than frustration, I guess I'm just feeling a sense of resignation. What can I do rite? The stone has to come out. If i don't do it now, i'll still have to do it soon. Not as if there's any miracle medicine that can meeeelllltttt the stone away. (If there was, it would probably melt my kidneys too. :P)

As you might have realized by now, I'm actually blogging from my hospital bed. Brought my laptop to keep me occupied with surfing/videos/games. I'm definitely more prepared this time!

Here's wishing Friday's cut is a successful one...

No comments: