Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recovery

It's been two weeks since I've been discharged and well, I have to say I think I'm recovering quite well. Have already gone back to work since last Friday cause there's quite a lot of things to do before I leave for Japan on 2 Nov.

The wound is still not closed up but it seems to be improving. Have to change the gauze everyday but there's still some bloodstains. Wonder how much longer it will take. I'm hoping it will seal up nicely by next week, before I travel.

November is going to be one of my busiest months. I will actually be away in Kyushu for pretty much the whole month, leading about 4 tours! It's scary. I'm gonna be living out of my luggage and changing hotels about 4 times in a week... While I'm looking forward to having fun with each group, I'm also very very apprehensive about travelling for a month in Japan. Hope I don't fall sick.

I've managed to catch a few movies since I've been discharged and the two which I have enjoyed quite a bit are 20th Century Boys and Tropic Thunder. Here;s a little bit about 20th Century Boys...

Although the reviews have not been glowing, I found 20th Century Boys very enjoyable. I thought the characters were interesting (especially Kenji and Donkey) and I liked how the story was developed. Yes, it is very similar to movies like IT by Stephen King but I think the Japanese backdrop and the typical manga-type story makes it really engaging for me. This movie is suppoed to be the first of three. I can't wait for the sequel which is supposed to be coming in Jan 09!

No comments: