Thursday, May 04, 2006

Who's in the driver's seat?

Something that's been on my mind these two weeks.

We know passion drives us forward. It's the thing that sustains us even when the odds are against us.

I'm not being political, but one obvious case is someone like Chee Soon Juan. Frankly, I can't support him because I think he chooses to make a fool of himself. But you cannot deny the passion (misguided as it may be) that has fueled his opposition to the current government. Despite everything (but the proverbial kitchen sink) being thrown at him, he continues to plough on, step by step. That's passion.

Many of us give up when the going gets tough. We are discouraged when things seem to work against us. We complain when the people we work with disappoint us or discourage us. I must admit I feel these frequently. But at a recent talk, I was reminded with a simple question... What drives you? If you have a passion to do something, then things that come along your way would simply be challenges for us to overcome.

So, what drives you?

No comments: