Sunday, June 03, 2007

From New York City...

Blogging from New York City. Tomorrow is my last day here and I'll be flying off on Monday afternoon, New York Time.

The trip has been a mixed bag so far. It's been a while since I led a tour overseas so I guess I'm a little rusty.

One highlight was a visit to Salem, the place where the famous Salem Witch Trials were held. One of my all-time favourite plays is THE CRUCIBLE by Arthur Miller. And it was awesome to visit the place where it all began. We visited the Witch Dungeon Museum where there was a short re-enactment of the trial from actual transcripts. It was really good. Below is a pic of the stage. The mannequins look a little cheesy but believe me, once the two actors took the stage, I was just so drawn into the scene.


Tonight, the coach driver brought us to Hamilton Park in New Jersey to take a night photo of the New York City skyline. I've been to New York City a few times, but never had a chance to take a proper night pic. Must say the city looks very beautiful at night. The tallest building in the pic with the green/red top is the famous Empire State Building.

Ok, I'll probably talk more about the trip when I get home. Am looking forward to laksa as usual! lolz.

No comments: