Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New Lego Mosaic

The new Lego Mosaic was just released a couple of days ago in Singapore. It's basically a collection of lego 1x1 pieces which are arranged on a transparent 16x16 grid lego plate to form designs. Of course, the included designs are kinda kiddish as you can see below. Not too expensive, $29.90 for a large box and $14.90 for a small one.

I have some strange attraction to this 16x16 pixel art coz the old arcade/video games like Pacman and Mario were designed to fit a 16x16 grid. I think they call them 8-bit graphics. Anyway, I looked up some pics on the net and put together a blue pacman ghost and a pretty nice mario mushroom. Whaddya think?

3 comments:

Nicole127 said...

I think they are AWESOME. Maybe I'm a little biased as these are my 2 fave videogames of all time.

I'm going to try to recreate the blue ghost.

Mihi said...

I have a project on my blog where I'm trying to do a 1001 of these :-) (A lot of them are gaming-related, Mario, Zelda etc.)

Anonymous said...

Be careful, it's easy to get addicted to building these things and the next thing you know your walls are overrun with big LEGO mosaics.

I should know, it's happening to me!

http://brickplayer.com/blog/category/projects/mosaics/