Saturday, November 27, 2004

Home sweet home

Phew... how time flies. It's been a week since I last posted and it has been a pretty fun week.

Continuing from my last post, I had a HECTIC time shopping after my course. I can't believe how much shopping I did in the 3 days after my course, before I flew back to Singapore. My BIG BIG thanks to my friends in Fremont who brought me around to the really great spots like Target, WalMart, ToysRUs, Fry's and Office Max. For those who don't know, these are really the places where the Americans go to do their shopping and where there are really good deals. I bought DVDs for as little as $7.50 US which is like $13 in Singapore dollars! I was also excited to get the Nintendo DS on the day it launched! Heh... sounds desperate, eh? I paid the standard US$150 for it and when I came back to Singapore, I found out that the shops are intending to sell it for almost US$235 in December. I just love shopping in the states. I came back with almost a whole luggage of DVDs! Anime... TV series... Scifi movies... SHIOK.

Coming back to Singapore, I had a busy time with a conference and a meeting. I've only started enjoying some of the stuff I bought and I'm pretty sure it's gonna take me the remainder of the holidays (and beyond!) to finish watching everything.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I think the holidays are great!

No comments: